Business Formation, Transactions & Representation
Beller Smith’s legal team assists clients in all matters concerning the formation and administration of business entities to maximize tax and planning benefits. Our experience and knowledge in this area is broad – we handle all issues relating to corporate, partnership, and limited liability companies, from inception through general management, reorganization and changes in structure and ownership, and final dissolution.
Our services include negotiation, drafting and execution of related entity documents and agreements; advising on employee and management issues and transition events such as succession, sale, or divorce; and guiding our clients through transfers and sales of business interests.
Some of the services provided by the firm include:
- Consulting on start-up issues such as choice of entity and domicile, income and estate tax planning
- Drafting formation documents for corporations, such as articles of incorporation and bylaws
- Preparation of minutes of annual and special meetings
- Advising and drafting of LLC operating agreements
- Drafting and negotiating of shareholders agreements and buy-sell agreements
- Advising and drafting of partnership agreements
- Structuring intra-family succession plans
- Drafting and negotiating employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, consulting agreements, separation agreements and noncompetition agreements
- Structuring and implementing tax-free exchanges, mergers, sales, acquisitions, and corporate reorganizations
- Consulting on issues of management, voting and control